Features cooking beef tripe
Byproducts are used in cooking by few, but all because not everyone knows how to properly prepare them. But if you find out the rules and subtleties, you can get delicious dishes. Find out what can be cooked from beef tripe.
What is this product?
What is a beef tripe? Subproduct, which is the organ of the digestive tract. This is the initial section of the stomach, into which, after chewing, grass, hay, silage, and other feeds are used for cloven-hoofed animals. It looks like a pouch colored in pink, gray, brown or greenish color (the shade depends on the food prevailing in the diet). Its walls are dense, and inside is a fleecy layer.
Often used in the name of the people - tripe. And some by-products are very fond of such by-products. So, it takes an honorable place in the national cuisines of the Caucasus, Poland and other countries. And in some of it not just delicious dishes are cooked, but real delicacies!
How to clean the scar? The answer to the question is of concern to many housewives, and if you purchased a non-refined product, then proceed as follows:
- Thoroughly wash the scar in running warm or hot water.
- Dip the tripe in boiling water and leave for ten minutes.
- Wash the scar with hot water again. With a hard sponge or brush, clean the gray top layer, which can contain food particles and dirt, slime, and film. All this is subject to removal.
- If the layer is excessively dirty, it can be removed without fear of damaging the underlying tissues. But this step is optional: if there is no dirt, you can not remove this part.
- In case of severe pollution and a significant age of the animal, use this trick: sprinkle the whole surface with salt (preferably stone), rinse the scar and leave in a container filled with cold water for a day. Then clean the tripe from all sides with a brush.
- For effective cleaning, you can pour water into the basin and add a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Place a tripe in this solution so that it sinks completely into the liquid. After an hour, go to brushing, then rinse the by-product several times.Peroxide will allow you to whiten tissue, remove unwanted color and achieve disinfection.
Getting rid of the smell
Many are also interested in how to get rid of the smell. It is specific and not the most pleasant, so make preparations before preparing the scar. Eliminate the smell is possible in several ways:
- Five to seven boils. One lasts about 10 minutes, and each time the water is drained.
- Soaking in acetic solution. In a liter of water, dissolve 50 ml of 9% table vinegar and a tablespoon of salt. In this fluid, hold the scar for three hours, then rinse thoroughly.
- Soaking in saline solution. For each liter of cold water, add five tablespoons of salt. After three to four hours, rinse the tripe. If the smell persists, repeat the procedure.
- In water, add a teaspoon of ammonia, in such a solution, hold for three hours, then rinse it very thoroughly.
- Effectively immersion in soda solution (100 g per two liters of water) for several hours.
- Prepare a weak pale pink solution of potassium permanganate, leave your scar in it for several hours.
Before cooking, the scar must be thermally processed.But how to cook this by-product? It is simple, but not fast, because the fabrics are very dense. Immerse the washed out garbage in a saucepan and cover with clean water. After boiling, turn down the heat, cover the container with a lid and cook a by-product for 3.5-4 hours. If it is easily pierced with a toothpick or fork, it indicates readiness. Remove the scar and use at your discretion.
How to cook tasty and easy beef tripe? There are many different dishes, and successful options are discussed below.
Option number 1
From the rumen will turn out delicious delicious roll. You need this:
- 700 grams of beef tripe;
- 2 tomatoes;
- three garlic cloves;
- one large potato;
- spices, such as basil, Provencal herbs, or any other;
- Beef scar after a thorough cleaning and boiling ostudite, spread on a flat surface, cut irregularities and edges, so that you have a rectangular or square layer in front of you. Sprinkle it with salt and seasoning.
- After peeling with boiling water, peel the tomatoes from the skins, chop: finely chop or put into a blender. Potatoes after cleaning, rub with a grater. Also rub the peeled garlic.Peel and chop the onion with a knife. All these ingredients combine, season and salt. This is a filling.
- Lubricate the needle evenly with the filling, turn into a roll, tie it up in several places with threads so that it does not fall apart during cooking.
- Wrap your roll in foil, place on a baking sheet and send for an hour in an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- Cool the roll, remove the foil and thread, cut your snack and serve.
Option number 2
Very tasty get a scar in pots. If you decide to use such a recipe, prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of tripe;
- 500 g of champignons or oyster mushrooms (other mushrooms will do);
- three large cloves of garlic;
- three juicy tomatoes;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- teaspoon ground paprika;
- greens to your taste;
- 5 tbsp. l. butter;
- st. a spoonful of flour;
- Clean and not smelling scar, boil until fully cooked, cool slightly and cut into strips about 1.5 cm wide and 3-4 cm long. Leave the broth after cooking, it is still useful.
- Crush tomatoes in a convenient way: scroll through a meat grinder, cut, immerse in a blender.You can pre-clean the tomatoes, but first pour boiling water over them so that the skins quickly peel off. Champignons after washing cut, garlic clean and crush or rub.
- Heat and melt butter in a skillet. On it, fry the champignons, then lay them out, add flour and fry the tripe of tripe until light rosy.
- Prepare pots. At the bottom of each spread on a layer of roasted scab with grated fresh garlic. Next, put the mushrooms, then tomatoes. Pour into each container about 5 tablespoons of broth remaining after cooking and add a little oil, which is in the pan. Each layer should be salted, also pour the paprika.
- Close the pots and send for an hour to the oven heated up to about 180 degrees.
- 7-10 minutes before the end of the cooking process, rub hard cheese and add it to each pot. Remove the lids and cook the dish until the end, so that the cheese melts and gently blushes.
Now you know what dishes you can cook from a beef tripe, and you will be able to please the household and guests. They will surely be surprised when they find out the main ingredient!
How to make a frame facade
How to draw a drawing on the theme of winter in kindergarten
How to choose the best hotel
Top 10 Best Extending Mascaras
Restoration and decoupage of the lampshade