easy alternative style makeup
How to Do Cute Punk Makeup (Girls)
Cute punk makeup and cute makeup are very different, because cute makeup tends to be rather simple and safe but cute punk makeup isn't your average "cute makeup." It usually consists of more than just the regular eyeshadow and lip gloss looks. It is more bold, daring, and different and adds variety to your normal "look."
Think about how you're going to match the colours to your outfit.
Decide whether to use liquid or kohl eyeliner -- this choice could change your whole look.Kohl liner (more commonly found in the form of a pencil) has a softer look, while liquid liner (more commonly found in pots and tubes and is applied with a brush) has a much more dramatic effect.
Choose your colors.Bright, eye-catching colors such as purple, hot pink, teal, etc work best with this style. Neutrals do not go with this look because they don't stand out.
Always start with a clean "canvas" by washing your face and practicing good hygiene.If you choose to wear foundation, try to get some with SPF to protect your face and still look nice. Conceal any blemishes with a concealer slightly lighter than your face color and blend it in.
Start with the eyes.You could choose to layer some bright colors along the lid with a darker shade blended along the crease. You could go with black and gray eyeshadow and create a smoky effect on your eyes. Or, you could just include one bold swoop of liquid eyeliner all the way to the outer corners and sweep them up. There are no rules and there are no limits as long as you have some remover for any mistakes along the way.
Your lips can be bold as well, or you could make them understated with just a dab of gloss.If you want to focus more of the attention on your eyes (which most punks choose to do), go with the dab of gloss.
The rest of your face really just depends on how far you want to go makeup-wise.Some people leave out blush and others pile it on.
When you're finished, you can set it with a powder to make it stay.
A lot of punks draw shapes on their face, etc., like a heart, star, or sun. If you want to add that in, well...why not?
- The most important thing is to not make it about the rules. Freedom of expression should never have to follow strict guidelines. Whether you follow these rules exactly or not is up to you and you only.
- Sponge applicators and makeup brushes offer more precision at times when applying makeup, whereas your fingers give a more natural look.
- Creating a simple heart, star, or lightning bolt on the bottom outer corner of one of your eyes (almost on your cheek bones) is a punk look that has become more popular.
- As with conventional makeup tips, it is best to play up only one feature of your face such as your lips or eyes. For instance, if your eye makeup consists of bold black eyeliner and dark grays, then it usually is best to balance out the lips with a lighter clear gloss to not overwhelm the face with too much makeup.
- Choosing a foundation a couple shades lighter than your natural tone creates a pale look, which is very punk, and goes fabulously with dark red lips!
- Glitter can be thought of as "punk," especially in the riot-grrrl movement and the queer punk movement.
- Punk doesn't care if you use too much makeup, or a small quantity of it. It's all about what makes you happy, and what you like to look good with.
- Keep all makeup away from any piercings and open wounds.
- If you're going to an event such as a show or concert, don't wear too much makeup if you're just going to sweat it off. Nothing is less punk rock than going in the bathroom every 15 minutes to reapply makeup.
- Keep in mind that Hot Topic is not real punk. It's alright if you want to buy stuff from there, but real punk is anti-capitalism, and Hot Topic is just a popular store trying to sell what the costumers want.
- One can always look in their parent's closet for vintage outfits.
Things You'll Need
Eyeliner (kohl or liquid)
Eyeshadows in various colors
Foundation and/or concealer. (If preferred)
Lip color and lip gloss
Sponges and makeup brushes
- Save your money. You have a little sibling? Use their baby wipes! They work just as well.
Video: Punk Alien Babe Makeup Tutorial
Dit is waarom vrienden uit je eerste studiejaar de belangrijkste zijn
The Internet Is Buzzing About This Weird, Free Trick for Growing Your Brows
How to Install the OptiFine Mod for Minecraft
How to Take Action to Prevent Littering
Forget Couples Therapy
Atkins Low Carb Diet and Weight Loss Program
The 32 Healthiest Foods You Can Eat
Why Catherine And William Are Expected To Attend The Chelsea Flower Show