How to make a notebook?
A notebook or notebook is an indispensable thing for every person. Of course, you can buy it in any store, but it is much more interesting to make it with your own hands so that the notebook is unique and convenient for you personally. Moreover, it is not so difficult, it is enough to read this article, and you will understand how to make a notebook.
This technique is reminiscent of a classic book binding. For a start, you will need simple office paper. You can combine any colors, sew dividers, etc. Take, for example, A4 paper (80 g / sq. M.) Of beige-vanilla color and color tracing paper (90 g / sq. M.).
How to make a notebook with your own hands
- Pick up the paper sheets in the notebook. If the density of your paper is about 80 g / sq. m., it will be optimal to pick up five sheets. It is better to make notebooks of 2-3 sheets out of thicker paper.
- Fold the notebooks in half several times until you get the desired thickness of the future block. I got 13 notebooks, which means that there will be 130 A5 leaflets in a notebook.
- To prevent damage from staples on the paper, and it is evenly compacted, lay the next block next to the spine with two pieces of binding cardboard and secure the spine with clerical clips. Leave the block under the press for at least 5 hours.
- After the notebooks have been pressed, open the clips and align the spine. To do this, just knock him on the table. Reattach the flat spindle with clips on both sides vertically.
- Now saw through 6 holes on the spine at the same distance. I used a blank sheet with a markup for an A5 format notebook. You can also use it by downloading it and printing it out. If you took a non-standard size, then mark the block with a ruler and a pencil.
- Saw holes in the spine, if you want, you can draw labels directly on it and pierce with an awl in each notebook of the hole.
- When the holes are ready, proceed to flashing the block. You will need two fabric ribbons. I had cotton. Pick a tape width that fits between two holes.
- It is more convenient to flash, putting the block facing the edge of the table.Do as you like, but make sure that the paper does not get dirty or crumpled during the sewing process. This is not easy for beginners. For the firmware, I used leather needles and crochet threads “Iris”. Put one notebook in front of you on the edge of the table, sew it with a seam called “Forward Needle”, single thread, leaving a tail outside. No need to pierce fabric tapes, just bend them with a thread.
- On the first notebook stitched, put the second. Just be careful not to confuse the left and right edges, i.e. do not turn them over. Insert the needle into the hole of the second notebook and sew in the same way as the first notebook. Cling the thread by the thread of the previous notebook in the place of the bending of the tape.
- Reaching the very edge, tie a working thread, the tail that you left, tie 2-3 knots. Do the same with the third notebook. At the place where the tapes are located, attach the working thread to the previous one. Sew and third notebook. Tie a knot to connect all three notebooks, for this it is necessary to make a needle in a thread between the first and second notebooks. Withdraw the needle so that you have a loop, then drag the needle into the resulting loop.
- To get the knot out tight, press the notebooks together.
- As a result, you should get a regular sewing knot, which is tied at the end of sewing. After that, report all the remaining notebooks on top, stitching each to the block, not forgetting to tie knots along the edges.
- When you run out of thread, replace it at the moment when you are above the tape, so that it is not noticeable in the finished product.
- After you sew all the notebooks, tie two or three sewing knots to the side.
- Now put the block between the cartons again. Pay attention to a flat spine: notebooks should lie one to another.
- Button up this improvised press from below and above.
- Take the “Moment” Silicone Sealant to glue the spine. It will allow you to glue it so that it remains elastic and after drying, and the notebook will open and scroll freely. Apply sealant to the spine and spread it along the notebook with a sponge so that each slot is filled. Fill every gap, remove excess sealant and level the layer.
- Again pinch the clips along the entire spine. Leave the block under the press for a few hours so that it can dry out.
- At this time prepare the bookends. Take two pieces of A4 paper from thick paper about 180 g / sq. m. Make in the middle of creasing and fold the sheets in half so that the beautiful side is inside.
- Take the unit out from under the press. Before sticking the bookend, stick a couple of sheets of kraft paper to make the product more durable and the relief of the ribbons leveled. Glue the kraft with glue-pencil and glue the tapes on top.
- Before you make a notebook out of paper, paste the fly-leaves. It is better to use the glue moment crystal. Put a piece of paper so that the glue does not get into unwanted places. After you remove the sheet, glue the fly-leaf, and on top of it paste glue with ribbons.
- Align all edges of the block. To do this, buy a simple guillotine cutter or manually cut with a construction knife. You can take a block to a printing house, they will cut it for a small amount of money (from 5 to 15 rubles per block) or for free.
How to make a notebook from a block
- Take two binding cartons, the format of which slightly exceeds the format of the block and one carton for the spine (300 g / sq. M.).
- Cut the cardboard, putting it on the block so that from three sides there is 5 mm left through, and the spine is 6-7 mm less.
- On the cardboard for the spine, make a few creases at a distance of 3 mm from each other. Glue the spine with the cover.A fleece layer can be glued to the top so that the notebook is softer. The frame is ready
- Now we need a cover for the notebook. It’s not difficult to do it yourself. Prepare a piece of cloth, 15-20 mm larger than the cover itself. Iron and nayuyte fabric, put it on the frame of the cover. Apply glue for 3-5 mm from the edge. Seal and long sides. To make the corners neat, iron them and glue them.
How to decorate a notebook
Add to the cover of jewelry, you can sew them or attach them to eyelets. Use your imagination, decorate the notebook with liquid pearls if you wish, or draw various interesting patterns yourself. At the very end, do not forget to glue the top with a cloth on the cover of the notebook from the front and back. Your notebook is ready!
An inexpensive and convenient way to fill cat litter
Stained glass windows on plastic windows: exquisite compositions in contemporary design
Cardboard Roll Snowman
Autumn Leaves Coloring
Corrugated Paper Tree
New life of an old vase
Decoration of the wall in an easy and affordable way