Which dog is right for me?
A dog is man's best friend. Therefore, if you decide to have a puppy or already an adult dog, you need to decide what you want to do. First of all, it is necessary to understand that a dog is a living being and is not a toy at all, therefore it will require a lot of attention, care and time. If you can not provide your pet the right care, it is better to wait and not to take the dog until you are ready for it.
What does a dog need
So every dog needs a leader. Those. your pet should have one owner, whom he will respect and listen to without question. Of course, the rest of the family will also play an important role in raising the dog, but if it was you who decided to start a dog, then keep in mind that the dog will need most of the attention.
- Each dog, regardless of the breed, likes to walk outside, so daily walks, preferably 2-3 times a day, she just needed.
- Also for the dog will need to make a diet according to its age and breed.
- And the most important thing is education.If you decide to bring a puppy, then make sure that he feels safe, show him his place and a bowl of food. At first, the dog will get used to the new environment and people, so it is advisable not to leave the pet alone for 1-2 weeks.
- Care of the coat. Dogs with long hair will need to be washed and combed more often than smooth coat. Therefore, keep this in mind when choosing a four friend.
- Treatment and vaccination. To protect the dog from diseases, it is recommended to put a comprehensive vaccination 1 time per year. Also, if you notice that the dog has a hot nose and no appetite, it must be shown to the vet.
How to choose a dog
To choose the right breed of dog, guided only by the appearance is not enough. It is necessary to consider the purpose of the dog, temperament and characteristics of the breed.
According to the classification of the International Cynological Federation, there are 10 groups of breeds.
- Pinchers and schnauzers, Molossians, mountain dogs and Swiss cattle dogs.
- Spitz and breed primitive type.
- The hounds
- The cops.
- Retrievers, spaniels, water dogs.
- Companion and ornamental dogs.
It is necessary to choose a dog, proceeding from it and your requirements, and also your opportunities.
For example, if you want to take a companion dog, it is best to pay attention to the following breeds:
- Austrian Terrier.
- English Cocker Spaniel.
- Welch Terrier.
- Small spitz.
- The beagle
- Jack Russell.
- Yorkshire Terrier.
All these breeds differ between themselves and characters, and appearance. But they are united by the fact that most often they are obedient and do not show aggression towards the owner and others with the right upbringing. They are ready to accompany a person everywhere, tolerate life in a city apartment and long journeys in transport.
If you decide to start a dog to protect the house and territory, you can choose from the following breeds:
- Caucasian Shepherd Dog.
- Moscow Watchdog.
- German Shepherd.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback.
It is worth considering that not every dog can be a good watchdog. Therefore, if you seriously decided to take the guard dog, then you will need to work very hard with it. It is necessary to develop her perfect obedience, so that the owner can always control her aggression towards someone else.
If you want to have a dog for hunting, here is a list of the most popular breeds:
- Wire Fox Terrier.
- English setter.
- Irish Setter.
- Russian Hound.
Many breeds of dogs that were bred specifically for hunting are now excellent human companions, as hunting dogs are very quick-witted, docile and very mobile. Apart from the fact that these dogs are happy to perform their direct duties, they feel comfortable in the apartment, but need long and active walks.
Dress with openwork-embossed patterns
Opportunities become more
Application for February 23 for kindergarten
Butterfly Bead Panel
How to make a box with your own hands
Remote Control Repair
Amigurumi Knitted Hedgehog